Infectious diseases in general
Conditions caused by certain pathogens (e.g. bacteria, viruses) or their toxic products. Pathogens are transmitted to the host organization from an other infected person (or animal) directly or indirectly (e.g by vectors).
Prevention of infectious diseases
– by vaccinations
– by screenings
– by using personal protective equipments (e.g. masks, rubber gloves etc.)
– by improving health literacy: personal hygiene, environmental hygiene etc.
Classification of human-to-human infectious diseases by patterns of transmission
- food -or water-borne diseases
- airborne, droplet infections
- infections through bloodstream
- sexually transmitted diseases
- by skin-to-skin contact
Downloadable PDF file
Act CLIV of 1997 on Health, 80. §.
Decree No. 18/1998. (VI. 3.) of the Minister of Welfare on the necessary epidemiological measures for the prevention of infectious diseases