Medical screening at the Reception Centre
Health screening is a part of the admission procedure to the reception centre, therefore it is obligatory by course of law!
– ectoparasite screening: for scabies and lice
– to control HIV1/HIV2 infection (AIDS)
– lues-screening (syphilis)
– Hepatitis-B, C (hepatits= infectious inflammation of the liver)
– from feces: bacteriological screening for typhi/paratyphi
– chest screening (X-ray): to control tb
→ performed in an outpatient clinic at the health care provider obliged to provide care in the area (eg. in Debrecen).
You get the referral here in the camp, but you should travel to the chest-screening individually!
Family members under 18 years of age:
- to control HIV1/HIV2 infection (AIDS)
- Hepatitis-B, C (hepatits= infectious inflammation of the liver)
If the sanitary authority recognized one of these diseases, this fact is noticed officially to the OIN regional office and if a foreigner refuses to submit to the appropriate compulsory medical treatment his/her expulsion may be ordered for public health reason.
Ministerial Decree of Health Care No. 32 of 2007, on diseases of third-country nationals and persons being entitled to free movement and right to residence (together: foreigners) endangering public health
Available in Hungarian: http://net.jogtar.hu/jr/gen/hjegy_doc.cgi?docid=A0700032.EUM